3 days 2 nights Mutiara Taman Negara Resort Explorer Package - Pahang Malaysia
We advise travellers not to visit Taman Negara during the Monsoon Season between Mid-November and late-January
This package gives guests a good overview of what Taman Negara's boundaries within preserves and reserves for us and our future. Also, this is a suitable package for those with children as you wont need to transfer them across the river for meals. All meals will be provided at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort itself.
DestinationMalaysia ~ Kuala Lumpur ~ Pahang ~ Jerantut ~ Taman Negara ~ Kuala Tahan
Minimum no. of Persons
Place of Departure
Trip AvailabilityBooking in advance required. We do not advise visits to Taman Negara during the monsoon season sometime November .till mid-February. After all, this gives the jungle a bit of a rest and to repair itself from the trudge of thousands of visitors to the park over the other months.
Mutiara Taman Negara Resort (this is the only resort with any kind of a star rating - 3 star at that. It is also the only accommodation that sits on the other side of the riverbank, where all park activities begin. This is the entry into Taman Negara)
Tour Duration3 Days 2 Nights
Things To Bring AlongLight cotton long sleeve and short sleeve tshirts, shorts and long pants (Whites, greys, browns and earthy coloured clothing to blend into the jungle), swimwear, underwear, long socks, raincoat or poncho, one pair of sandals or flip flops (the cheapest you can buy) for easy walking ; one pair of shoes with good grip(Rubber Slipper or River Sandals or Lace-Up Shoes) for jungle treks.
Creature Comforts ~ towel, toilet paper, soap / facial wash, shampoo, toothbrush / toothpaste
Bag Packing ~ waterproof bag or separate your belongings and bundle them in a few small plastic bags before stuffing all in the master bag; keep important documents, passports, cash, wallets and electronic gadgets in zip-lock bags; garbage bag for waterproofing; a plastic bag for soiled clothes.
- Straps to secure your glasses - if you wear glasses
- Goggles - if you wear contact lenses
- Plastic bags for your wet clothes
Essentials to get you through ~ personal medication, mosquito repellent, sunblock lotion, heat rub for muscles ache, Torchlight, ear plugs or cotton balls (for those who can sleep with the TV blasting and not when its sound of nature that punctuates the night's silence), water bottle, minimum 2 liters capacity. Bring your own sleeping bag or bed sheets if you are fussy about cleanliness.
This is the jungle at it's most pristine. It can get hot and muggy and then there could be a thunderstorm in the next instance. And which ever way, your clothes will take forever to dry. Nights can get a little chilly especially during the rainy season. And when the rains come, leeches are aplenty. The jungle is unforgiving and yet it is so enchanting, it may sometimes leave you breathless. The monsoon season (November - February) may bring a lot of rain and create havoc especially when the river swells and banks burst, leaving people stranded in villages for days even weeks, landslides, mudslides ~ all sorts of nature's catastrophes. Trekking in the jungle in the rain is not the best experience. Quite often, by the end of the trek, you find yourself all bloodied by leech bites. We strongly advise against travel to Taman Negara during the monsoons.
Travelling to Taman Negara is not as difficult as it used to be. There are now many travel operators who provide transfers and packages to taman negara. You , as a traveller, have a choice to travel the cheaper way ie to make all the arrangements on your own eg transport (via public buses/coaches; private transfers; train; boat tickets can be bought at the tembeling jetty) , accommodation(there are numerous local village accommodation to suit your budget), treks (of which a number of them within taman negara can be done on your own) , meals (there are a number of eateries at kuala tahan village) OR go with travel operators for the ease of travel especially for those on a tight time schedule. The operators , be it travel operators, transport, accommodation etc that services the tourism industry here may not have the expertise you may wish for but that's what happens when there's a monopoly and political preference of who the players should be there. And their service is also sometimes compromised more especially so during peak season. It is a shame that this happens, not often, but it does happen and guests come away dissatisfied with their time and money spent there. Most important in travelling, especially for those who are not used to travelling in asia, is patience and empathy. And the end result of what experience you wish to take from a trip like this... the experience should be about celebrating the beauty of nature and all else should fall nicely into place...
3 days 2 nights Mutiara Resort Explorer Package at Taman Negara
Package Inclusive of:
- 3 days 2 nights accommodation in Chalet
- Daily buffet breakfast, 1 Lunch and 2 Dinners
- Guided activities :- Night Jungle Walk
- Guided activities:- Trekking to Teresek Hill
- Guided activities:- Canopy Walkway
- Guided activities:- Boat Trip to Lata Berkoh for swimming
- Guided activities:- Fish Feeding at Kelah Sanctuary (subject to availability only)
- All tours inclusive of Licensed Nature Guide and Insurance Coverage
- Accommodation based on chalet room category
- Child is applicable to child sharing a room with parents and a maximum of 1 extra bed per chalet is allowed. Maximum of 2 children (aged 12years and below) is permitted sharing same room with parents.
- Meals at Seri Mutiara Restaurant: 2 buffet breakfasts, 1 set lunch, 2 buffet dinners (3 days 2 nights package)
- The package above does not include van/coach/boat transfers
Information, Terms and Conditions:
- Peak season surcharge of RM300.00 per room applies for travelling period from 1 July to 15 September only
- Maximum 2 children (below 12 years old) is permitted per room, stay in existing room
- Strictly no refunds for any unused portion of the package
- All confirmations are subject to room availability
- All transfers required advance reservation. You may select upon reservation shortly.
Camera License rm 5.00 per camera
07.30am Registration for transfer at Hotel Istana – Grand Mahkota Ballroom Lower Lobby
08.00am Departure to Taman Negara by shuttle (Fee excluded)
Travel Option - 2
11.00am Expected arrival at Kuala Tembeling Jetty
11.30am Continue travel by boat
02.30pm Expected arrival at Mutiara Taman Negara Resort Jetty
Travel Option - 1
01.00pm Expected arrival at Kuala Tahan Jetty. Crossing to the resort by boat
Registration for entry permit and licenses
Lunch on personal account
03.00pm Registration for Chalet (Early check in are subject to room availability only)
04.00pm Video presentation on Taman Negara - National Park at the Interpretive Centre
(subject to availability only)
07.00pm Dinner at Seri Mutiara Restaurant
08.30pm Introduction to guide at Main Lobby
08.45pm Proceed to Night Jungle Walk with Nature Guide
07.30am Breakfast at Seri Mutiara Restaurant
09.30am Jungle trekking to Canopy Walkway and Teresek Hill with Nature Guide
01.00pm Lunch at Seri Mutiara Restaurant
02.30pm Boat cruise to Lata Berkoh for swimming & Picnic (require short jungle trekking too)
07.00pm Dinner at Seri Mutiara Restaurant
07.30am Breakfast at Seri Mutiara Restaurant
12.00pm Registration out and room key return
01.30pm Departure to Kuala Lumpur by shuttle (Fee excluded)
05.30pm Expected arrival Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur
Park Entry Permit and Photographic Licence
Before you do any trek in Taman Negara, you must inssue a Park Entry Permit (RM1 per person) and Photographic Licence (RM5 per camera). This is valid for 1 month. You can inssue the Park Entry Permit at Wildlife Department Office at Kuala Tembeling or Taman Negara.
Why you need a permit
Park Entry Permit RM1 and Photographic Licence RM5 as a donation to the park for renovation the park and other.
When you are leaving the Park, you should return the Park Entry Permit to Wildlife Department Office, Hotel or Tour Counter to make sure you are save and leaving from the park
Learn a little
If you go into the deep jungle, especially by the Keniam, Tenol, or Tahan Mountain trails, it is better to go with guide you will learn a lot about the jungle from the guide and save yourself from getting lost in it.
Fishing in the park
Now the fishing lodge in the park is close and not allow to do any fishing in the park area.
But you can fishing at River Tembeling (A river at the border of the park) and you don't need any fishing license.
Tips Before Go To Taman Negara
1) Before you go to Taman Negara, something must be prepare first.
- Touch light or flash light
- Insect Repellent
- Walking Shoe or Sport Shoe
- Rain coat
(2) Taman Negara does not have ATM, bank, and money changer, you must prepare enough cash before you going. Some resorts accept credit card e.g Mutiara Taman Negara Resort, Rainforest Resort, and Woodland Resort but charge extra 3 - 5 %
(3) Do not bring too many luggages into Taman Negara. Big trolley bags are not advisable because when you come out from the boat, all the river banks are of stone and rock, then you need to hand carry your big trolley bag. If you have a lot of luggage, you are welcome to store your luggage in the luggage storage room at Hotel Sri Emas, Jerantut, It's free.
(4) Leeches on any rainforest walk, the subject of leeches invariably comes up. Actually, you may not encounter any of these slimy little vampires while walking through the Malaysian jungle, but if the trail is leafy and it's been raining, chances are you'll be preyed upon.
(5) For who like to trek to Gunung Tahan (Mountain Tahan), you can hire a guide from Wildlife Department . Normally November to January is close the trail and reopen on mid of February.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum must be at least 1 adult.
- All prices are nett or charges are including 6% GST.
- Please bring along towel and spare clothing.
- Tentative Itinenary subjected to change without prior warning due to many factors such as weather of the day, road conditions, etc
- Pick-up and drop-off services from Istana hotel at Kuala Lumpur town centre.
- Any unused services are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-deductible.
- Full Charges apply to NO SHOW OR LAST MINUTES CANCELLATION
- Postponements of Trip: We need at least 1 Month any changes or postponements before trip commence date.
- The booking is CONFIRMED once we receive payment
- Amendment is only allowed 14 days before from the travel date with charge RM 100.00 per person
- Cancellation made 21 days from the travel date will not be refund deposit.
- Cancellation or amendment made after full payment received will not be refundable.
- The management excludes liability for losses incurred due to failure to connect with other services and shall not be held liable for loss of baggage or personal belonging, illness, injury or death resulting from activities which are beyond the management control.
- Reservation is subject to availability of rooms and confirmation will be on first come first serve basis.
- The management reserves the right to revise the above facilities and rates without any prior notice.
- The management reserved the right to alter the itinerary or cancel a tour due to unforeseen operational condition.
Shuttle Transfer by Van and Boat
Some visitors would like to experience the journey to Taman Negara with traditional wooden boat from Kuala Tembeling Jetty. Hence, we do arrange daily shuttle transfer from Kuala Lumpur to the jetty and continue journey by boat ride to Taman Negara. Information as follows;
To Taman Negara
• Assemble at Hotel Istana Lower Lobby Entrance at 7.30 am
• Departure from Istana Hotel Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Tembeling Jetty at 8.00 am.
• Expected arrival at jetty 11.00 am.
• Departure from Kuala Tembeling Jetty to Taman Negara by boat at 11.30 am
• Upon arrival at Kuala Tahan, proceed for Mutiara Taman Negara Resort reception
• Expected arrival at 2.30 pm (subject to changes)
From Taman Negara to Kuala Lumpur
• Assemble at Resort Jetty at 1.00 pm, boat crossing to Kuala Tahan
• Depart to Kuala Lumpur at 1.30 pm by van (10 Seater)
• Expected arrival at Hotel Istana at 5.30 pm
Shuttle Transfer Rate
• Shuttle service chargeable at RM 125.00 per way per person (Adult/Child)
• Please ensure to register 30 minutes before departure.
• Boat crossing fee at RM 1.00 each way must be paid to the boatman directly.
• Advance booking is required to confirm the seat, subject to availability only.
GETTING THERE BY CAR (self drive)
By Car ( info 230 KM, 3 hours 30 mins)
Driving from Kuala Lumpur, enter Karak Highway via Gombak Toll Plaza.
From there, continue driving and exit Bentong Toll Plaza.
From there, continue driving until you enter East Coast Expressway (ECE)
(we would suggest to stop at Bentong Petronas Station or Temerloh Toll Plaza for toilet break)
Continue driving and EXIT at Temerloh 819 Exit.
After pay the toll, continue driving. There is a T junction. Please turn right at the traffic light. Continue driving to Jerantut.
Once arrived at Jerantut ( at T-Junction, on your right is the yellow mosque), please turn right to Kuala Tahan. From here, continue driving about 10KM and you will notice the sign board to TAMAN NEGARA. Turn left ( you can see Padang Piol signage). Continue driving about 60KM to Kampung Kuala Tahan. Once arrived Kampung Kuala Tahan, please park your car at JKKK Parking Lot (RM 8.00 per day). From the parking area, you need to walk down to the riverbank (distance about 300 meter). Look for Mutiara Taman Negara Jetty for crossing to the resort. The fee is RM 1.00 per way per person. The boat crossing, depending on the water condition, normally will take about 1 minute to arrive.
GPS Coordinate Lat 4.385436191487496 Long 102.40248863525391
OPTION 3 - TAMAN NEGARA TO KUALA LUMPUR BY VAN
OPTION 3 : TAMAN NEGARA to KUALA LUMPUR
We also accept your request to travel back to Kuala Lumpur by our shuttle van. Information as follows;
Shuttle Service Rate
Shuttle service chargeable at RM 200.00 return trip per person (Adult/Child)
From Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara
• 7.30am, Assemble at Istana Hotel, lower lobby entrance
• 8.00am , Depart to Kuala Tahan Jetty by van (shuttle)
• 12.00pm, Expected arrival and cross over to Taman Negara by boat (less than 5minutes)
From Taman Negara to Kuala Lumpur
• 1.00pm, Assemble, at resort reception counter, boat crossing to Kuala Tahan
• 1.30 pm , Depart to Kuala Lumpur by van (shuttle)
• 5.30 pm, Expected arrival at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur
ADVANCE BOOKING IS REQUIRED CONFIRM YOUR SEAT.
ALL RATES AND SCHEDULE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE