Kiulu Cycling & Rafting Day Trip ~ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Borneo
A wet and wild day out for the energetic! This mornings rafting is a fun-filled ride down the picturesque Kiulu River through jungle-clad valleys and past villages and farms with enough white water to get you excited but not enough to scare you. After the rafting you will enjoy a tasty barbeque lunch and change into your riding clothes before a 15-minute transfer to the start of the mountain biking. After a short briefing and bike fitting, you we will head out for one of the most beautiful rides in rural Sabah. We cycle through small riverside villages which are home to the Dusun tribal people as well as jungle, plantations and the Dusun people’s farms. The hills are thankfully few, far apart and short on the main route but if you are feeling like stretching your legs a little our guides can take you off to explore some more adventurous trails with single-track and technical descents.
A support vehicle is nearby at all times should a problem occur.
Sabah ~ Kinabalu Area
Minimum no. of Persons
From Kota Kinabalu town
Facility & Activity
Equipment provided, food as stated
Kiulu Cycling & Rafting Day Trip ~ Valid Till 31st March 2018 (Rates based on per person per package)
When bookings are made the following information needs to be confirmed :
-Name and Nationality of participant -Height of participant -Email address of primary contact - Mobile number of primary contact -Hotel pick up/ Room # - Dietary requirements (if any) -Medical conditions (if any)
Each participant is required to sign an indemnity form before the tour commences.
**Please Note that there will be a non-refundable handling charge on payment made. Conditions apply.
STANDARD PICK-UP TIME:
01 Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort 0845am
02 Nexus Karambunai Resort 0830am
03 Hotel area 1 Borneo 0830am
04 Hotel area Kota Kinabalu City 0815am
05 Maggelan/Pacific Sutera Harbour 0815am
06 Shangri-La Tanjung Aru 0800am
07 Langkah Syabas/Kinarut area 0730am
Note: The pickup time may be varied if there are multiple pickups on that day.
Kiulu Cycling & Rafting Day Trip Itinerary (Timings to be used as guidelines only)
8.30am Pick up from your hotel
9.30am Meet raft guide and safety briefing
12.00pm Finish ride and enjoy BBQ lunch by the river
1.00pm Transfer to the start of the Mountain Biking
1.15pm Ride Briefing and Bike Fitting
1.30pm Mountain Bike Tour
4.30pm Depart for Kota Kinabalu
5.30pm Arrive Kota Kinabalu
- An Adventurous Spirit – this is off the tourist trail so don't expect many facilities on the way
- Be prepared for physical exertion during the bike ride
- Basic biking skills
• Good quality mountain Bike with disc brakes • Water bottle • Lunch • Transportation • A mountain biking guide • Snacks • First aid kit
• Shorts and trainers (no sandals) • Sunglasses • Sun cream • Personal medication • Change of clothes for the return journey • Towel • Camera
- This cycling part of this tour is almost totally away from other tour destinations and it is unlikely that you will not see any other tourists
- We feel that anyone who can ride a bike will enjoy this ride
- The rafting is graded at a beginner’s level and the cycling is graded at a beginners to intermediate level
- Whilst cycling, if at any time you feel unwell, or need a rest there is a vehicle close by
- The bike guides are all trained in first aid and carry comprehensive first aid kits
- Water and isotonic drinks are provided during the cycling
If you wish to cancel your booking, you must notify us in writing either by post or by email. If the cancellation is made 30 days or more before the trip, then we will refund you 50% of the amount paid. If the cancellation is made 29 days or less, a refund cannot be given.
In the unlikely event that we cancel a tour, we will notify you as early as possible. 100% of your payment will be returned to you
If it is necessary for us to cancel the trip due to a natural disaster, war, political unstable conditions or any other reasons beyond our control, it will be necessary for you to make a claim on your travel insurance