5Days 4Nights Mt. Murud Climb ~ Ba Kelalan Highlands, Sarawak Borneo
Mount Murud at 2,423 m (7,946 ft), it is the highest mountain in Sarawak. It is where it was believed that the defender of the Penans, Bruno Manser , of swiss nationality spent his meditative times there. Having conquered this rather arduous climb, the mountain has been claimed by many as a spiritual place. Many miraculous events have happened there, hence the basic hostel accommodation built there is now called the church camp for obvious reasons.
Borneo ~ Sarawak ~ Lawas ~ Ba Kelalan ~ Mount Murud
Minimum No of Pax
The Church Camp is very basic
Church camp was initially built for an annual prayer pilgrimage organised by the International Revival Meeting. This place is meant for visitors to reflect upon their being and any 'untoward activities' such as drinking alcohol and smoking are not advised.
Lodge at Ba Kelalan - fan cooled but usually not necessary as it is normally quite chilly at night; shared bathrooms ; cold water showers ; no electricity ~ either running on generators or candle lit ; thin blankets provided so bring own extra blankets or sleeping bags ; bring own toiletries
Facilities & Activities
There are 80 huts, a toilet and a church for pilgrims (1000 capacity). The pilgrimage happens in July so you may want to avoid that period altogether. But there has been rumours of glowing globes floating across the midnight skies...
5Days 4Nights Mt. Murud Climb
- 4 nights’ accommodation
- meals as mentioned
- head tax
- all land transfers in Bario area
- 6% GST
Package does not Include:
* Travel insurance * guide and driver tipping * Domestic and international flight fair * fizzy and any alcoholic drinks
1. All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) unless otherwise specified.
2. All rates are inclusive of 6% GST and quoted based on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
3. All rates and transfers are quoted based on sit-in-coach transfers or tours
* rice Harvesting season is in January to mid February, Clearing in April to May while planting season in is August
*-ook the earlier flight (8.10 am from Miri) in order to complete the first day itinerary. Refer to www.maswings.com.my for schedules
* There may be no person making salt at certain time of the month but the guide are well verse on salt making processes
Items to bring :
Personal toiletries, first aid kit, hat/cap, head torch, umbrella or poncho/ rain coat , insect repellent, hiking shoes and wet sandals, blanket or sleeping bag, towel, & own drinking water bottle, light sweater
Fly Miri to Ba Kelalan via Lawas. Upon arrival lunch . After Lunch take the 4WD to Lepo Bunga Overnight t Lepo Bunga. Dinner serve by your guide. Overnight (L/D)
From Lepo Bunga we proceed on to Batu Linanit . Weather permit you will have a great view of Mt Mulu, Indonesia, Batu Lawi and Ba'Kelalan. Proceed to Church Camp (4hrs) 9km. Dinner and Overnight (B/L/D)
Ascending to the summit of Mount Murud (7950ft) the highest mountain in Sarawak (2-3hrs) 7km. Descend to Church Camp Overnight church Camp. (B/L/D)
Breakfast. Descending to Lepo Bunga. From here take the 4WD to Ba Kelalan Homestay . Check in homestay. Lunch. Free and Easy. Dinner and overnight. (B/L/D)
Breakfasts. Fly back to Miri and take a connecting flight to Miri. End of service (B)
Terms & Conditions
CANCELLATIONS, PARTIAL CANCELLATIONS, “NO SHOW” AND AMENDMENTS CHARGES
- Services providers such as hotels, carriers, restaurant contractors or any other companies related to the services provided may charge cancellations, amendments and/or no show fees. travel operator cannot be held responsible for charges incurred due to unforeseen circumstances.
In the event of a confirmed booking being cancelled, cancellation charges will be levied. Cancellation charges - Days before Arrival Date
a. Less than 45 business days 10% of total invoice
b. Less than 30 business days 25% of total invoice
c. Less than 15 business day 100% of total invoice
in the event a client is a “No Show”, no refund in full or in part will be given for services in the program not utilised.
- After start of tour, no refund, in full or in part will be given for any services not utilized.
Unless otherwise specified in the tariff, a child under the age of 12 years occupying the same room as his/her parents using existing bedding is usually accommodated free of charge, except where a child supplement is stated.
In the case of tours and excursions, child rate is 75% of adult rates for tours inclusive of meals and accommodation. The child rate is based on the sharing of a twin room with 2 adults. An extra bed will be provided for the child in this twin room.
For transfers and day tours (without meals) child rate will be 50% of adult rates. An infant is defined as an individual up to 2 years old. A child is defined as an individual above the 2 years old and below 12 years old.