5 Days 4 Nights Long Pasia Wildlife Trek ~ Sarawak Borneo
Long Pa Sia
Long Pa Sia is a small Lundayeh village , a dwelling lush with an array of plants found nowhere else but here. Beside rewarding its visitors with treasure of nature, long Pasia is where you can find adventure and experience culture . Remnants left behind by the ancestral. Lundayeh Upai Semaring add mysticism and legend to Long Pasia.
Your visit to Long Pasia will never leave you bored. Your native guide , a must on your visit here will tell you about the plants you encounter. You will also learn the legend surrounding the evidences, spread across the region of Upai Semaring's existence.
There is no resort in Long Pasia. Instead, your experience here is made rich with its home stay programme where you live with a family or host.
Borneo ~ Sarawak ~ Miri ~ Kelabit Highlands ~ Lawas
All Homestays in Bario are basic
fan cooled but usually not necessary as it is normally quite chilly at night; shared bathrooms ; cold water showers ; no electricity ~ either running on generators or candle lit ; thin blankets provided so bring own extra blankets or sleeping bags ; bring own toiletries
Facilities & Activities
Bario trips are back to basic trips , so take it as an adventure back in time where walking was the only means of getting anywhere (although there are 4WDs to ferry people around nowadays) , no electricity to light homes and streets - just stars and water comes straight from the river or natural underground sources or surrounding mountains. Be aware that you will probably not be able to use your mobile phone at certain areas in the highlands
5 Days 4 Nights Long Pasia Wildlife Trek
Accommodations and comfort level: 1 nights basic jungle shelter, & 2nights village homestay
Are meals included?
4 breakfast, 5 lunches, 5dinners
Wilderness Adventure – A combination of fantastic wilderness areas, great wildlife viewing and cultural experiences. Wildlife safari – With a particular emphasis on wildlife and the environment.
Accommodation and Meals as per itinerary, Land & Boat transfer as per tour apply, Entrance fees as tour apply, English Speaking guide service, (Homestay)
International & Domestic Airfare & Airport Tax, Camera & Video fees, Juices, Carbonated & Alcoholic Beverages, Tips, Optional Excursion Personal Traveling Insurance
Items to bring :
Personal toiletries, first aid kit, hat/cap, torch light, umbrella or poncho/ rain coat , insect repellent, trekking shoes and wet sandals, blanket or sleeping bag, towel, & own drinking water, light sweater
DAY 1 - Miri/Lawas/Long Semadoh
• Meet at lawas airport and transfer to Lawas Town for Lunch. After lunch we proceed overland by 4WD to long semadoh . Which take us about 3hrs to 4hrs on the Logging road.
• Check in at Long semadoh Homestay. Time permit , we visit some of the cultural and historical attraction like earth crocodiles (Buaya Tanah) and the ancient graveyard.
• Dinner is serve by your host family.
• After dinner , you will be brief by your guide for the next couple of days of your jungle trekking to Long Pasia.
• Pack your belonging and ready to trek to Halfway for our Jungle camp where we spend the night. It is a makeshift tent where you will spent the night. Meals is prepared by your guide. But your are welcome to help the cooking too.
• Enjoy the sound of the jungle.
• After breakfast we get ready to trek to Long Pasia
• Upon arrival, settle down at our host family home as we get to know these LunDayeh tribes better.
• Lunch is serve by your host family.
• After lunch we visit the walk around the village of Long Pasia where the people are very friendly and learn more about their culture.
• Dinner and overnight stay at host family home.
DAY 4 - Village Activities (B,L,D)
• Morning, we depart by dug-up canoe or longboat shooting rapids along Matan river. Try your fishing skills and participate in preparing native lunch cooked in bamboo, over borne fire. Return to village, take part in games or simply mingle around with the natives. Dinner and overnight stay at host family home
DAY 5 - Long Pasia – KotaKinabalu (B)
• After breakfast, bid farewell to our new found friends. Depart by 4WD back to Sipitang then to Kota Kinabalu for your onward journey
Operator may cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. If we cancel your trip, you can transfer amounts paid to an alternate departure date or alternatively receive a full refund. In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or nonrefundable flights.