3 Days 2 Nights Bario Valley Discovery Tour ~ Bario Highland, Sarawak Borneo
The highland rests on an altitude of between 3400 to 6000 feet above sea level in the north-eastern corner of Sarawak. There are times when the fog gets as thick as pea soup and flights are cancelled, leaving passengers stranded back on the tarmac in Miri for an undetermined period of time but that happens mostly during the monsoon season, towards the end of year and stretches into the New Year. Then there are times when smoke from forest fires ignited in parts of Kalimantan, Borneo and Sumatra is blown into the highlands, blanketing the entire valley.
Borneo ~ Sarawak ~ Miri ~ Kelabit Highlands ~ Bario
Minimum No of Pax
All Homestays in Bario are basic
fan cooled but usually not necessary as it is normally quite chilly at night; shared bathrooms ; cold water showers ; no electricity ~ either running on generators or candle lit ; thin blankets provided so bring own extra blankets or sleeping bags ; bring own toiletries
Facilities & Activities
Bario trips are back to basic trips , so take it as an adventure back in time where walking was the only means of getting anywhere (although there are 4WDs to ferry people around nowadays) , no electricity to light homes and streets - just stars and water comes straight from the river or natural underground sources or surrounding mountains. Be aware that you will probably not be able to use your mobile phone at certain areas in the highlands
3 Days 2 Nights Bario Valley Discovery Tour
(Min No. of Pax)
Package does not Include:
* Travel insurance * guide and driver tipping * Domestic and international flight fair * fizzy and any alcoholic drinks
1. All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) unless otherwise specified.
2. All rates are quoted based on twin sharing basis unless otherwise stated.
3. All rates and transfers are quoted based on sit-in-coach transfers or tours
* Bario rice Harvesting season is in January to mid February, Clearing in April to May while planting season in is August
* There are two flights into Bario daily. Book the earlier flight (8.10 am from Miri) in order to complete the first day itinerary. Refer to www.maswings.com.my for schedules
* There may be no person making salt at certain time of the month but the guide are well verse on salt making processes
Items to bring :
Personal toiletries, first aid kit, hat/cap, head torch, umbrella or poncho/ rain coat , insect repellent, hiking shoes and wet sandals, blanket or sleeping bag, towel, & own drinking water bottle, light sweater
Meet on arrival at Bario airport and transfer to our lodge. After lunch we will explore Bario Valley which brings us UlungPalang longhouse and the surrounding area. We return to our lodge for our dinner and overnight. (L/D)
After breakfast, we will trek for approximately 2 hours to Pa Umor, a Kelabit longhouse. Lunch at Pa Umor before we return to our lodge. (B/L/D)
After breakfast, transfer to Bario for our flight. (B)
Terms & Conditions
CANCELLATIONS, PARTIAL CANCELLATIONS, “NO SHOW” AND AMENDMENTS CHARGES
- Services providers such as hotels, carriers, restaurant contractors or any other companies related to the services provided may charge cancellations, amendments and/or no show fees.travel operator cannot be held responsible for charges incurred due to unforeseen circumstances.
In the event of a confirmed booking being cancelled, cancellation charges will be levied. Cancellation charges - Days before Arrival Date
a. Less than 45 business days 10% of total invoice
b. Less than 30 business days 25% of total invoice
c. Less than 15 business day 50% of total invoice
d. Less than 24hrs or No Show 100% of total invoice.
In the event a client is a “No Show”, no refund in full or in part will be given for services in the program not utilised.
- After start of tour, no refund, in full or in part will be given for any services not utilized.
Unless otherwise specified in the tariff, a child under the age of 12 years occupying the same room as his/her parents using existing bedding is usually accommodated free of charge, except where a child supplement is stated.
In the case of tours and excursions, child rate is 75% of adult rates for tours inclusive of meals and accommodation. The child rate is based on the sharing of a twin room with 2 adults. An extra bed will be provided for the child in this twin room.
For transfers and day tours (without meals) child rate will be 50% of adult rates. An infant is defined as an individual up to 2 years old. A child is defined as an individual above the 2 years old and below 12 years old.