- Pulau Lang Tengah - Terengganu Malaysia (Article)
Lang Tengah is a small island some 45minutes boat ride from terengganu mainland , Merang jetty. With only 4 resorts, it has maintained a nice low profile as compared to the busier redang and perhentian islands
- Pulau Duyung Besar - Terengganu Malaysia (Article)
At Pulau Duyung, traditional boat building is still thriving. Pakcik Haji Abdullah and his group of highly skilled craftsmen have been building these sturdy, seaworthy boats for the Marang fishing fleet for a long, long time now
- Pulau Tenggol
Pulau Tenggol is a short boat ride away from the Kuala Dungun jetty at Dungun, Terengganu. This isolated island is a haven for divers.
- Pulau Tiga Resort Map - Kuala Penyu, Sabah
Pulau Tiga resort is located just 1/2hr speed boat ride from the kuala penyu jetty. This is the location where the Survivor Borneo was shot.
- Pulau Pangkor - Perak Malaysia (Article)
Pangkor Island is a popular island destination for local and Singapore holiday makers. It gets extremely busy during school and public holidays
- Pulau Redang - Terengganu Malaysia (Article)
Pulau Redang is located some 1 hr from mainland Terengganu, takeoff point at Merang jetty or Shahbandar Jetty,Kuala Terengganu depending on which resort you stay with. This beautiful island is popular with local tourists for its affordable package trips but should really have better control over its misuse of its natural beauty.
- Kapalai ~ Semporna : Sabah Borneo (Article)
Kapalai is only some 18min speedboat ride away from sipadan and sits on a wide sandbar in the middle of the ocean. It seems a little odd at first that there is such a thing but having taken a 40min boatride from semporna to mabul, and having passed many water villages in the middle of the ocean. This is exactly the concept. The local fishermen's water villages are similar.located on sandbanks.
- Pulau Pemanggil - Johor Malaysia (Article)
It all starts with Batu Buau(The Buau Rock). Almost a century ago, a boat carrying an Indonesian family came by these waters. One night, the father had a dream and in this dream he heard a voice beckoning him to settle on the island. The voice as was believed, belonged to the guardian (or the 'Penunggu' in traditional Malay folklore) of the island
- Tiger Rock Pulau Pangkor - Perak Malaysia (Article)
On Pangkor Island, in a piece of 12.5 acre virgin forest is hidden one of the best kept secrets of the island - Tiger Rock Resort. Since 1998, tourist (mainly from overseas) have been privileged to experience the allure of Tiger Rock. The inspiration of David and Rebecca Owen Wilkinson, Tiger Rock provides a haven for all those craving a back to nature holiday with luxury.
- Mabul Island ~ Semporna : Sabah Borneo (Article)
Mabul is a little island some 25mins by boat from Sipadan. Many who visit the area stay either at Mabul or at Kapalai. You may have found out by now that Sipadan no longer caters to overnight stays. All operators who had resorts on Sipadan have now relocated their operations elsewhere.
- Pulau Redang Dive Sites - Terengganu, Malaysia (Article)
There are numerous dive sites in the area with different places suitable for different levels of dive proficiency. We have compiled a number of the more popular dive sites for you which have differing terrain and lifeforms to explore.
- Pulau Pemanggil - Kampung (Villages) , Johor Malaysia (Article)
This is the main kampung (village) where the first settlers made home. A clinic, a mosque,a police outpost and a school form the backbone of the community. The school is made up of only 15 students with ages ranging from 5 to 12years. One of the reasons many families have moved away from the island is the need to pursue further education for their children. The population of the island has now dwindled to a mere 40 villagers and continues to drop as younger folk leave in search of their destinies.
- Pulau Sipadan ~ Semporna: Sabah Borneo (Article)
The island looks pretty much like any other island found in our waters but the only difference is that, millions of years ago, Sipadan was formed by an undersea volcano, which means that it is a deepwater oceanic island. In fact, it's the only one of its kind in Malaysia. Dropping to a depth of 600m or 2,000ft to seabed, it can be daunting for new divers.
- Pulau Pemanggil - Snorkelling & Trekking , Johor Malaysia (Article)
For a breather, there is a protruding flat rock that faces an opening in the canopy..roughly halfway up the trek. This is a great place for bird watching. There are jungle mynas mimicking the calls of other birds, imperial pigeons preening themselves, wild pigeons cooing, doves flitting by, and parrots hanging off tips of branches. Other forms of wildlife are more difficult to spot. Macaques abound on the island and porcupines
- Mabul Dive Sites - Pulau Mabul, Sabah Borneo (Article)
Rainy season is between mid December and mid February so bear in mind if you're thinking of getting away during Christmas. The nice thing about going during these months is that the crowds are manageable. Sometimes it may just be you and the divemaster on a dive - no rush, no hassles.
- Pulau Sibu - Besar & Tengah - Johor
Sibu Island has several unique qualities to it. there are a number of resorts or chalet accommodation that is yet to be discovered by many. The resorts have been there a long time..it's just that some people are lucky enough to find this lost island
- Cherating - Pahang Malaysia (Article)
Cherating is situated just 1/2hr from Kuantan in Pahang. This coastal town is fast becoming a favorite destination for the surfing community especially during the monsoon season when the waves are wicked!
- Pulau Besar - Johor Malaysia (Article)
Pulau Besar was a host island for the popular reality TV show in Europe called the 'Expedition Robinson' that ended in 2005.
- Pulau Aur - Johor Malaysia (Article)
Pulau Aur has always been a stopover point for fishermen. With a supply of frsh water and plenty of fish in the waters, a few later moved their families to the island. However Aur was never the peaceful island as we see now. The deep dark secrets of the wild days are only beginning to unravel within the historic data collected from salvaged treasures hoisted from sunken Chinese junks, sailboats and old merchants ships found shattered in its watery grave
- Lanting Beach Resort - Pulau Pemanggil
A kampung concept with chalets built on a rocky plateau just off Kampung Pak Kaleh. The resort arranges group trips for minimum of 20pax and there are usually groups going to the island on weekends. If there are only a few of you travelling, you could join these groups for a 3days 2nights trip. All chalet rooms have attached bathroom and fan and package includes boat transfer from Mersing-Island-Mersing and is full -board.
- Pulau Rawa - Johor Malaysia (Article)
Rawa Island or Pulau Rawa is a little island just off the coast of Mersing, some 35 minutes speedboat ride from the jetty. With only 2 resorts on the island, it is the closest you may be able to get to an island paradise in Malaysia.
- Pulau Tioman - Pahang Malaysia (Article)
One of the larger islands in Malaysia, Tioman has long been inhabited by visitors, from pirates to slaves in the ancient mariner days . Today, sun worshippers make their way on their pilgrimage to this almost paradise island
- Getting There and Best Time to Go , Pulau Tioman - Pahang Malaysia (Article)
If you're planning to go to the islands during the Full Moon or when there is no moon, then be warned that there will be very extreme tidal conditions ie very high hightides and very low lowtides so boats may have difficulty leaving or entering the Mersing jetty. You may have to wait quite a while for the tidal change
- Dolphin Watching in Santubong - Kuching: Sarawak Borneo (Article)
The Irrawaddy Dolphin (Orcaella brevirostris) population in several areas around the world is listed under the IUCN as being critically endangered. These incredibly shy creatures are more vulnerable as compared with other dolphin species due to their choice of habitat. Sir Richard Owen first identified the Irrawaddy dolphin in 1866. Sightings were frequent in those days along the Irrawaddy River in Burma (Myanmar).
- Kampung Juara - Pulau Tioman, Pahang Malaysia (Article)
Visiting Juara after Salang, ABC and Tekek feels alien. None of the annoying din from rows of resorts and chalets, no big restaurants and cafes, no hordes of tourists - well, except for the occassional local student packages arranged by a few of the resorts closer to the jetty.
- Pulau Langkawi - Kedah Malaysia (Article)
Pulau Langkawi's landscape is painted with marbled mountains, vast paddy fields and rural villages, miles and miles of white sandy beaches, secret caves, and pockets of virgin rainforests dating back millions of years . Although tourism is the main industry for the people of Langkawi and has been for the past decade or so, the sea remains a healthy source of income for local fishermen.
- Mangrove Swamp & Cave Adventure - Pulau Langkawi, Kedah Malaysia (Article)
The tours vary somewhat in terms of price and itinerary. If you are one of the lucky ones who are not travelling on a tight budget, then book your trip with a certified naturalist
- Pulau Payar - Kedah Malaysia (Article)
Getting there is an easy 1-hour or so ride on comfortable speedboats or luxury cruises. Clear shimmering waters surrounding this island is perfect for a spot of snorkelling or even diving. Having been cordoned off as a marine park in 1985, the marine life here has rejuvenated from the days of blast-fishing, trawling and heavy sedimentation.
- Pulau Kapas - Terengganu Malaysia (Article)
A little island not more than 20 minutes away by boat from the sleepy village of Marang, Pulau Kapas(Cotton Island) basks idyllically as it has for over 270million years. This little haven in the South China Sea and just off the Terengganu coast
- Pulau Perhentian ~ Kuala Besut Jetty, Terengganu Malaysia (Article)
The phrase 'the grass is always greener' is certainly true of most travellers who have zig-zagged the globe thrice over but not have even ventured so far out of their home state
- Ombak Kapas Island Beach Resort
Ombak Kapas Island Beach Resort was previously known as makcik gemuk chalets, located on the main beach of pulau kapas. All in all, there are about 10 places to stay at Kapas Island. The beach front has been cleaned up over the years and certainly is a joy to see that at least some of the malaysian islands are maintained well. Ombak also has an open air dining area at the beach and is nice to sit and dine in the evenings right by the beach
Location of Malaysia
Transport: Malaysia Peninsular
- Private Car and Driver - South Bound ex-Kuala Lumpur
- Private Car and Driver - North Bound ex-Kuala Lumpur
- Private Car and Driver - East Bound ex-Kuala Lumpur
- Private Day Excursion Tours - ex Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation - airport transfer , KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport)
- Private Car Or Van/MPV with Driver - Cherating
- Vehicle and Driver Service in Melaka ~ Melaka / Malacca
- Private Car Or Van/MPV with Driver - Singapore
- Private Car Or Van/MPV with Driver - Johor Baru
- Private Car Or Van/MPV with Driver - Kuala Terengganu
- Private Car Or Van/MPV with Driver - Kuantan
- Private Car , Coach or Van with Driver - Langkawi
- Private Transfers - Malaysia
- Private Car Or Van/MPV/Coach Rental with Driver - Kota Bahru
- Private Car and Driver - Peninsular Malaysia
- Private Car , Coach or Van with Driver - Penang
- Private Car Or Van/MPV with Driver - Cameron Highlands